Task 1: Drink at least 8 glasses of water- 30 January 2013
I have been doing some reading to prepare for the 30 Day Health Challenge and I will be sharing what I find with you.
This information is taken from an e-book my husband found called The 8 Laws of Health. I am not sure where he found it but when I do I will update and post the correct reference.
“Water is one of the most valuable helpers you have in the daily task of keeping yourself in health or in recovering health when it is lost.”
“Your kidneys alone filter about 50 gallons of fluid a day. In a 24-hour period, more than 8 quarts of digestive juices flow into the digestive tract. Much of this water is recycled over and over again by your kidneys. But about 2 to 4 quarts of water a day are lost through the urine, lungs, or perspiration. For this reason, if you do not keep drinking water, your kidneys cannot perform their function well, and kidney disease results.
It has been found that water intake can increase physical endurance and ability to work by as much as 80%. When you do not drink enough water, your blood thickens and flows with greater difficulty. This can cause trouble not only in your body tissues and organs, but also to your heart that must pump that sludged blood.”
“In late 1986, the World Health Organization officially stated that the incidence of illness around the globe would fall by 80% if people in the developing nations had access to pure drinking water.”
“Your body is 60% water. The countless millions of cells inside of you are constantly being bathed in water. And this is not merely a soaking process, but a rewashing activity done by your blood stream. Water in the blood brings nutrition and oxygen to your tissues, and carries off wastes. If injury occurs, coagulants come out of the fluid and stop the bleeding, while white blood cells emerge from the blood stream and begin attacking poisonous substances. Delicate chemical balances are maintained by the flowing blood, as hormones, digestive substances, and many other vital substances are transported through the body fluids to their appointed place.”
How to use water:
- The best times to drink water is first thing when you wake up in the morning, then 30 minutes before eating.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of warm water ½ hour before meals to help cleanse your stomach and maintain a good appetite.
- Drink water between meals and not during meals.
- If water must be drunk with meals, drink lukewarm water.
- Drink distilled water. This is due to the fact that a lot of the water is being contaminated and contain many harmful toxins. Even though distilled water is devoid of many nutrients, maintaining a healthy diet will Cold water will provide your body with the proper amounts of nutrients that your body needs.
Look out for more posts about water!
The 30 Day Health Challenge will begin on 30 January 2013 and end 28 February 2013.
Get the Badge
I shared this post on: